Tuesday, October 7, 2008

More birthday pictures, because I have a kidney stone and don't want to bore you with news of how I want to rip my kidney out of my body and throw it into the nearest landfill. So instead, take note of my poor photography skills! See how the streamer is attacking Grace's head? And how I have cut off all of Alex's body except for his arm and now in the future we will only know what his arm looked like? The talent, it just oozes from my pores.

Here is Owen, showing you that he has broken his front tooth. Isn't it lovely? And then, as soon as this picture was taken, he fell over backwards as if in a dead faint. No one knows why.



And look! Grace and her headless cousin! At least I can blame this picture on Josie.



Last but not least, here is Ben's contribution. He wanted to get all creative and artsy. "LOOK!" he insisted, "It's all old-looking and stuff!" And that would be true, except that Grace and "Bruce" are playing with a Nintendo DS, and somehow I don't think that those were around when the world was young. Sigh.
Oh well. I hope you are all impressed with the mad skillz we've got going on over here. I'm off to await my kidney transplant.




11 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

I have a kdiney stone too! It is still in the kidney though, so I'm not in any pain. I feel for you! Cute pictures! I love birthdays. Cake looks yummy.

SmilingSally said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your problems. I'll pray for you and Sara (although I've never met her). I've never had that problem, but I've heard it's terrible.

I do have stage 3 kidney disease, though, but there's no pain with that.

Jennifer said...

Oh man, I had a gallbladder full of stones once and seriously would have went through labor and delivery twice with no pain meds than to endure that, so if kidney stones feel anything like that, I hope you get rid of the darn thing soon! The stone, not your kidney;)

I think we went to the same photography school!

Boys, gotta love 'em!

Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for dropping by my blog! We have similar camera skills. I finally had to get a digital camera so I could see if I at least got the subject IN the picture!

Hope you feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Do you have an ark playhouse in your backyard? That is so cool!

carrhop said...

So sorry for the kidney stone! Oouuuccchhhhhh--hope you are feeling better soon!

The last picture--heeheheheehh--love it! One sepia edit does not a old-timey photo make--that's the wisdom I'm taking away from this one!

Glad you enjoyed the TP Bowl game--and yes, I also appreciate the fact that 8of8 is so proud of his accomplishments...I think we would all be a little happier if we learned how to applaud ourselves a little more....

Blessings!

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

I have heard those are very painful..I hope you feel better!

Jerralea said...

I see you and I have more in common - our photography skillz! Well, actually, you do a better job -- I cut heads off.

Sorry about the kidney stone -- praying that "this, too, shall pass."

Jackie said...

You had me rolling with the sepia-toned pic where they were playing Nintendo DS. Could've fooled me!

So sorry about your kidney stone problems...praying right now that you will feel better SOON.

A happy heart at home said...

I hope you'll be feeling better soon. Thanks for coming by my blog.

~Susan

CrossView said...

Am I the only one who's never had a kidney stone??!! I'm not complaining, mind you... =P

Looks like you all had much fun! =D